Saturday 1 March 2008

How to become a fitness model by Rob Riches- LA Muscle Sponsored Athlete


Part 1

Rob "Hollywood" Riches has made it in California as a top model. Find out exactly how he did it in this detailed story of his latest conquests.

He was fairly quiet throughout 2007, but 2008 looks set to be the year for Rob Riches! One of LA Muscle's most prolific sponsored athletes, and the Golden boy of Fitness - quite literally judging by his colour in these photo's below, has been taking LA by storm, appearing on TV shows, entering fitness competitions, and being photographed by some of the top photographers in the Fitness Industry. It seems they can't get enough of Rob! Here's what he's been up to so far!
Rob left the UK in July last year to follow his career aspirations of being a fitness model in the US, since receiving many work offers after winning the title of Junior Lightweight World Champion at Musclemania in November 2006. "It was an incredible journey for me competing in Hollywood against the best in the World."
Say's Rob, "and when I came back to England my desire to continue in a career based in fitness was stronger than ever. I must have made a good impression in the US as I started receiving emails from magazines and photographers asking when I would next be in the States. After only a few months back in the UK, I knew this was an opportunity for me that I could not let pass! I had made friends during my competition in '06, and was thankful when they welcomed me back, offering to me a place to stay in the heart of LA. It was a surreal feeling, and still is at times. My training has been as intense as ever, after all, it was because of my competing that allowed me to get to where I am now."
Rob's efforts in the gym were quickly noticed, and he stood out from the typical American Bodybuilders more focused on getting big, than having symmetry, proportion and definition. Rob was quite literally 100% British Beef! Rob trains at Gold's Gym in Venice, the Mecca of Bodybuilding - where it all started, where Arnold Schwarzenegger once trained, many of the fitness icons you currently see in the fitness magazines, and where there is nearly always some sort of photo shoot or video being shot there. "It's always an atmosphere when you go there" says Rob, "and I'll often see one of the famous faces of fitness there, but when I train, I train hard. Even though I've kept lean, my strength has actually increased. The other month I squatted 550llbs (250kg) for reps, and surprised myself with a deadlift of 550lbs (250kg). Considering I'm almost 2/3'rds the size of the big guy's in the gym," (Rob currently weighs in at 184lbs, with tight abs, and cuts not to far off from his competition best) "and with lifting similar weights as them, it's these kind of things get you noticed, and before long, I was having photographers come up to me giving me their details".

No comments: